Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Blah's


Ahhh, the smell of cookies takes me back to a relaxing time when my mom used to whip up a batch of the above pictured no bake chocolate peanut-butter no bake cookies. These sugar packed babies have always been my number one favorite cookie. A boring awful Monday got me to think about my top five cookie picks. Below I have listed them in particular order:
1. No bake Peanut-butter chocolate oatmeal (these technically might be candy) 
2. Old fashion chocolate chip
3. Gingerbread cookies
4. Fortune Cookies
5. Chocolate filled hazlenut cookies

Below is the recipe for the chocolate drop cookies I love so dearly enjoy:
Ingredients
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper
Directions
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened. Eat up like crazy!!!

Above is all the lovely handmade items that my dear sister-n-law & brother-n-law gave to my husband and I. Everything was so cool and unique that I don't know where to start. The pen was hand turned and made out of acrylic in the perfect color of purple. It is so sparkly and cool I don't even want to use it, I just want to set it in my wallet for people to oooh and aaahh over. All the little clay works are from the tireless hands of my sister-n-law, who has inspired me to follow in her path in a pottery class. Most are magnets, with intricate designs each with it's own special meaning. The shells represent our Christmas beach trip. The circle with the rose, and the circle with the tree are winter-time images. There is one with two little hearts I think that is my husband I. Then the coolest of all this the leaf patterned tray that everything is sitting on. She worked really neat designs into it, and topped it all off with this delicious glaze. How inspiring!

1 comment:

Allison Dobson said...

Gorgious cookies and gorgious presents :)